My fabulous, villain loving, writing buddy, Kristina Perez, gave me a Reader Appreciation Award and I’m pleased to accept and pass it along.
Here are the Rules of the Game (for those I’m about to nominate):
1. Identify and show appreciation to the blogger who nominated you.
2. You must add the reward logo to your blog.
3. Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
4. You must nominate 5-10 of your favorite bloggers for this award.
5. Inform your nominees that you nominated them.
And here are my seven things:
1) I’m an ophidiophobic. I have a fear of snakes. I not only fear living ones, but also dread to think about them or even see them on TV or in pictures. I also hate stuffed and rubber ones.
2) I’ve eaten jellyfish. It was chewy and crunchy at the same time.
3) I cry every time I hear the National Anthem.
4) One summer, when I was a little girl, I wouldn’t share any of my two bags of Black Forest Gummy Worms with my uncle. Ever since then, every student of his in the University of Hawaii’s Engineering Department has had to solve a measurement problem based on how many gummy worms I wouldn’t share.
5) I had to change the words to ‘You Are My Sunshine’ so my daughter wouldn’t cry every time I sang it to her.
6) I wear socks all the time, even in the summer. My feet are always cold.
7) Nine times out of ten, I’ll pick vanilla over chocolate. (I say 9 out of 10 because sometimes you just need chocolate.)
My nominees are:
Alexandra Alessadri, my newest critique partner. She’s working an awesome YA story that I love!
Erica Lucke-Dean, because if I ever need a laugh I can hop over to her daily blog and re-read her bikini wax disaster.
Joani Plenty, because she makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Valerie Haight, because I couldn’t ask for a better cartwheeling cheerleader.
Rachel Simon, because sometimes tragedies can make the best, most memorable stories.