Friday, September 7, 2012

TAG, you're IT!

Today has been one of the best days I’ve ever had at being a writer, and I did very little actual writing today.  First, I got picked as one of the top sixty pitches for #PitchMadness going on over at Brenda Drake’s blog.  And now, my awesome critique partner Alexandra Alessandri has tagged me in a great game of GUTGAA Tag.  She’s an amazing writer and you should absolutely check out her blog.

Without further ado, here are my answeres to the Tag questions...

What is the working title of your book?
Which one?  Okay, I’ll focus on CAPTIVE ART for the purposes of this post.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
It was mostly from Harry Potter with all the paintings coming to life at the school.  CAPTIVE ART has nothing to do with wizards, but there are some very uniquely talented characters.

What genre does your book fall under?
YA Magical Realism (with lots of romance)

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
If you check out my Pinterest board for Captive Art you can see all the pics, except for Dean.  I had to take that picture down until I can find some of the Nordstrom’s model I saw in Santa Monica a few weeks ago. (Other than the picture’s I took…see YA Stands blog.)

What is the one-sentence short synopsis of your book?
It’s about sixteen-year-old, Libby Tanner’s paintings coming to life and the boy who is trapped in them.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I am currently seeking an agent and would like to go the traditional rout.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Exactly sixty days.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Aside from the hot guys?  Well there is that one scene where they…oh, I probably shouldn’t give that away.  Let’s just say it’s very unexpected.

Okay, my turn to tag three more writers.  Be sure to check them out (their blogs that is).

Kristina Perez @babelbabble
Lauren Spieller @laurenspieller
J.A. Bennett @j_a_bennett
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the tag! I'm sorry it took me so long to hop over here, new babies tend to be a time suck :) I love the premise of your book. I seriously want to read it now. That sounds like so much fun! I have guests posts lined up for this month becasue of the new little one so I might not do the tag, but know it's not becasue I don't love you, I think you're awesome. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete