Sunday, October 14, 2012

Recap

Does anyone else feel like Fall is rushing by? I looked at my calendar the other day and couldn’t believe it was already mid-October. Perhaps I feel this way because I’m back full-time at my day job, my hubby is back to school and my daughter started kindergarten this year. Or maybe it’s because the next few weekends are packed with activities for my family. For whatever reason though, time seems to be moving forward at top speed.

Since the end of the year is getting ever closer, I thought I’d give a brief recap of my journey so far on the road to publication. I finished writing Captive Art, edited it, sent it to beta readers, edited it again, took a writing class with agent/author/Wonder Woman Mandy Hubbard, edited some more and am now querying this project. I became a contributing blogger on YA Stands. I entered a writing contest and received a partial manuscript request from it. And I began writing my next novel, Crossing the Blue Line, which I will be working on for NaNoWriMo.

Yes, I’ve been busy, but in a good way. This year has taught me a lot about my writing style and habits and I’ve grown as a writer from what I’ve learned. I’ve been lucky enough to connect with some amazing writers/authors. I’ve been able to help others as a beta reader. And I’m looking forward to all the busyness yet to come.

With only two and a half months left in 2012 though, I want to make sure I’m using what little time I have to keep moving forward toward my goal of finding an agent/publisher. I know the stroke of twelve on New Year’s Eve doesn’t mean my time is up, but I’d at least like to know that I did everything I could this year to accomplish what I set out to do.

How about you? Did you accomplish your goals yet this year?

1 comment:

  1. I could've written this same post! lol Replace Captive Art with Soul Mountain... and Crossing the Blue Line with Through the Walled City :)

    It's amazing how fast this year has flown. Like you, I've learned so much about my own writing style, voice, and process. And the publishing business, too. In some areas, I'm more confident, and in others, I feel like I'm just getting my feet wet.

    I'm excited to start on this new project, and looking forward to what 2013 will bring.

    Happy writing, and see you in NaNo! :)

    ReplyDelete