Thursday, August 9, 2012

What's Next?

I love the thrill of starting a new project.  There’s this magical feeling that something great is going to happen, but you don’t know what it is yet.  Even as the writer you don’t always know where a story is going to go.  You know what you want to happen and roughly how you want it to unfold, but as you write, the story changes, taking unexpected turns.

I’ve been neck deep in edits for CAPTIVE ART the past few weeks, trying to get it in tip top shape for querying.  This is one of those stories that took some very unexpected turns.  While I love the way it all turned out, it’s worlds different from what I originally had in my head.

This brings me to the bright shiny new idea that has invaded my brain space.  It’s even been keeping me up at night thinking of lines and scenes between these new characters.  I want to sit and work on it all day (& night), but I know I have other priorities.  Priorities like reading for my critique partners, doing my physical therapy and folding that pesky pile of laundry.  (Not to mention showering, but running through the sprinkler with my 5yo works just as well.)  But I’m so excited about this new idea that it’s hard not to make it a priority.

So, what am I going to do next?  Well, I can tell you this…laundry will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment