Friday, April 20, 2012

Shit!

I’ve been sitting here trying to think of what to blog about and have finally decided it is more difficult for me to write a blog than to write an entire novel.  Sometimes I think I’ll just stop altogether and shutdown the site, but then I come up with something I want to share that will take more than the 140 characters allowed on Twitter, and I don’t really feel like signing into my Facebook account.

So here I am…blogging again.

First I thought I’d blog about my trip to Mexico, but you know the saying…what happens in Mexico….  Then I thought I’d blog about leftovers, because I hate leftovers, but I always insist on getting a to-go box at a restaurant, just to throw the box out later after the food has thoroughly spoiled.  Finally I thought I’d blog about the rash on my leg, but really, who wants to hear about my folliculitis (I checked the spelling, that is how you spell folliculitis).  So I’ve come to the conclusion that the best thing I can find to blog about tonight is shit.

That’s right, s-h-i-t, shit.

Anyway, I was typing an email to one of my critique partners the other night and my phone told me I spelled shit wrong.  My husband said it only did that because it was my phone and it knows I don’t swear.  So now my real dilemma is do I add shit to my dictionary or do I let shit stand?  Can I simply ignore the fact that shit is wrong and needs to be fixed?  Am I willing to go on with shit the way it is?

Well, to answer all those questions, I ended up not being able to figure out how to change shit on my phone so it is what it is…shit!

For the record, I am not a swearer.  I do not use four letter words in my regular vocabulary, but sometimes they are called for because there is no other word that will express your emotions/sentiments quite as well as a s@#$, f%^&, or d*)!.  (See how I did that, I don’t even like to type them.)

1 comment:

  1. I had to teach my phone a whole list of swear words. The only problem now is it changes everything to swear words. Like duck. I know...who says duck on a regular basis. Well, I do. Or I did. Now I say the eff word even if I'm not trying to. I hope they come out with a spell checker that can tell context next. I see a lot of cute baby ducks here in the country!

    ReplyDelete