Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lucky 7

Wow, has it really been a month since my last post?  I wanted to start blogging once a week, or at least twice a month, but time has just slipped away.  I could list all of my excuses, but then I wouldn’t be getting to the point of this post.  So here’s the deal, my good friend, Erica Lucke Dean, tagged me in a lucky seven game.  This is the first time I’ve done one of these so I hope I don’t mess it up. 

The rules are as follows: *Open the document for your current MS/WIP (manuscript or work-in-progress for the non-writers out there) *Go to page 7 or 77 *Go to line 7 *Copy the next 7 lines (sentences or paragraphs) and post them exactly as they’re written.  No changing or cheating! *Tag 7 other authors and let them know.

Here are my seven from Captive Art

     Something flashed in his eyes, but was gone quickly and he nodded his head.  He was definitely cute with his lean frame and light brown hair, but it was hard to concentrate on anything other than the moistness now leaking into the very cleavage Travis had teased me about earlier.  I scanned the room for him, but he was lost in the sea of people, so rather than standing around in a wet dress I just left…with Brent at my side.

     “I’m Brent Henderson, by the way,” he said once we were out of the dining hall.

     “Libby Tanner.”

     “Yes, I know, but I didn’t know you preferred ‘Libby’.”

     “I’m not famous.”

     “No, not Hollywood famous, but you are talented and smashingly good looking I might add, minus the punch that is.”

     “Thanks,” I replied, feeling my cheeks turn the same crimson as the liquid soaking my chest.

And here are the seven I’m tagging…if they’re up to it!

@RachelBongart

@j_a_bennett

@lafreeland

@JenniferShirk

@gdcribbs

@AnneRiley

@onthebird

2 comments:

  1. Oohh love it! And thank for playing along. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I wanted to keep reading. I've already been tagged, but I appreciate you thinking of me. Here's the post if you want to take a look - http://j-a-bennett.blogspot.com/2012/03/love.html Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete