Monday, June 27, 2011

Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes!

Back in December of 2010 I decided that my resolution for the New Year should be to exercise 4 to 5 days a weeks. After the initial headaches from caffeine withdrawal, I did great with my 2010 resolution to stop drinking pop (soda) and figured that exercise would be a good addition.

Well, on January 3rd I fell going down to our basement to change a load of laundry and now six months later I'm recovering from (left) knee surgery. It has been a very long and painful six months and I am glad to have finally had this surgery done and hope that the right knee goes as well as the left has…so far.

What does any of this have to do with reading, writing or rocking chairs?

Since my fateful fall, I have read more books than I ever have before, written one and a half novels, and the rocking chair in our living room has become my new/old best friend.

It is the same rocking chair we ordered before our daughter was born (now 4) and hated after it was delivered, but at the time I was too tired and too pregnant to exchange so we kept it. After countless hours of rocking in it over the past few years it is well broken in and perfect for sitting an entire day in while reading, writing or just rocking.

1 comment:

  1. That's terrible that you fell and had to have knee surgery, but at least you found the silver lining to the whole ordeal. It's great that you've been able to read and write so much!

    ReplyDelete